“Many things we need can wait. The child cannot. Now is the time his bones are reformed, his mind developed. To him we cannot say tomorrow, his name is today.”
- Gabriela Mistral
“As per census 2011, in 71 UP districts, out of 41 lakh population living with disabilities, 1.5 lakh population are Kanpur residents”
How many of them receive the required support services?
Every Special Need child has a right to receivethe best intervention at the needed time, available in their immediate vicinity. The idea of setting up Pushpa Khanna Memorial CenterPKMC, started with this thought of bringing internationally accepted best practices related to rehabilitation of children with special needs to Kanpur.
Special needs, is a wide array of diagnoses, ranging from those that resolve quickly to those that stay life-long. It covers developmental delays, medical conditions, psychiatric conditions, and congenital conditions that require attention, some of which are,
1) Autism spectrum Disorder
2) Cerebral palsy
3) Intellectual Disability (ID)
4) Speech and language disability
5) Locomotor Disability
6) Specific learning disabilities
7) Down syndrome
8) Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
9) Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
10) Developmental Disorders
Why Us ?
We have a state of art infrastructure centre equipped with all the latest equipment and a special visuo sensory room.
• Safe and Secure Building with Security Guards, CC TV cameras, Hi Tech Access systems and Building Management System.
• Full Time DG Power Back up, latest firefighting equipments, smoke detectors and digital sound broadcast system.
• Thoughtfully planned, age appropriate air conditioned therapy units, with latest equipments and furniture.
• Optimum use of technology with use of latest digital projectors and audio system for telecommunication.
• Hygienic toilets for kids with filtered drinking water facility.
• Full time housekeeping staff to ensure cleanliness and hygiene within the center.
• Audio Visual Theatre.