PKMC in Technical collaboration with BVerve Mumbai is offering a certificate course on “REMEDIAL TEACHER TRAINING FOR SPECIFIC LEARNING DISABILITIES”,
It is also open for parents and other individuals who are interested in getting awareness about it.
Background : One in every 6 school going children have some learning difficulty. Learning difficulties are; having severe or normal problem in reading, writing, and/or understanding the oral communication more specifically Dyslexia, Dysgraphia, Dyscalculia etc.
These children need some extra support for learning.
As Ignacio Estrada said, “If they can’t learn the way we teach, we teach the way they learn” This course is specially designed to give an overall view of the learning difficulties faced by these children and to teach teachers, psychologist/therapist, parents and caregivers specific strategies to handle and overcome these difficulties.
-: Certificate Course On Specific Learning Disability :-
1. The Training will be conducted by BVerve team led by Ms. Veena Basu, Our Technical collaboration partner for Special Education Services wing, who is running an independent multidisciplinary center called BVerve - Brain Vitality for all Since 1996 in Mumbai. She has over 25 years of experience as a special education teacher in America and in India. She has a Post Graduate Diploma in Teaching the Multiply Handicapped from Bombay University, Masters in Science and Special Education- Learning Disability from Syracuse University, New York, USA. She has completed 1 year program in Narrative therapy from Adelaide, Australia. She had been running this programme in Mumbai for past many years and it is one of the most sought after and recognised programmes. This is for the first time this very reputed programme is coming to Kanpur.
2. This training Programme will involve numerous interactive sessions with renowned Pediatricians, Neurologists and Occupational Therapist from all over India.
3. Best International Resource Material for Learning Support
• Cognitive Skills Training Material: Prep, Cogent, Math Module
• Chaos to Clarity (C2C)
• Multisensory Teaching Material
• Teaching infants/toddlers and Preschoolers resources
• Testing Material
• Social Skills Material
4. Hands on training under professional guidance at Pushpa Khanna Memorial Centre
✓ For Teachers, Graduate
✓ For parents and interested individuals getting awareness about it
-: Course Structure :-
Course starts from 28th November 2018 and tentatively would complete by the end of February 2019.
The Course is of 90 Hours and is divided into two parts –
1. Lectures via PowerPoint presentations, videos and activities. (60 Hours)
2. Internship at Pushpa Khanna Memorial Center. (30 Hours)
3. Lecture would be held twice a week on Friday and Saturday and ones a month, a 6 hours workshop will be held.
Lecture Timings :
✓ Friday & Saturday 3:30 PM to 5:30 PM
✓ 6 hours long session on one Saturday in every month,
Duration : 3 Months (90 hours)
Course Fee : Rs. 20,000/- After Inaugural Discount Rs. 12,000/- only
Fee per Module : Rs. 1000/- Only