Development matters in early years. This program focuses on preparing children aged 2-6 years and their parents for routines involved in formal schooling using various therapies and techniques.
• The focus will be to help the child build positive relationships in an enabling environment by limiting the group size 5-6 kids.
• It works on the integration of inputs and monitoring by an Occupational Therapist, Speech Therapist, Psychologist and a Special Educator but delivered by a trained teacher.
• The EIFSRP will be designed as per the needs of the group.
• The broad goals for each child will be together decided by the parents and the professionals.
• The program will be designed in a systematic sequence in order to make the development measurable.
Program Overview :
• The program will incorporate both adult and peer interactions.
• It will emphasize on the integration of intervention activities into the daily life of children in group learning setting.
• The items of activities are drawn from the clinical experience, the research literature, and a variety of published assessment instruments.
• The teacher/facilitator/practitioner based on the intervention activities shall make modifications in the items to accommodate a particular child’s needs.
• Field trip to translate the skills taught in the program to an outdoor setting of different nature periodically.
• Training of parents/caregivers in handling children with special needs where they are welcome to attend sessions once a week with their child.